What is apple cider vinegar?
Apple cider vinegar is a particular type of vinegar made from fermented apples. Apple cider vinegar benefits or cider vinegar is a sour and tangy flavored drink which is getting popular day by day.
How is apple cider vinegar manufactured?
The manufacturing of apple cider vinegar starts from the fermentation of apples. For the fermentation of apples, yeast and tons of crushed apples are the fundamental requirements. Yeast ferments the apples (and the sugar in apples), which turns them into alcohol. Then good bacteria is added to convert the fruit-generated alcohol into acetic acid. Acetic acid (CH3COOH) is the most significant ingredient in apple cider vinegar. The percentage of acetic acid in apple cider vinegar is almost 5-6%.
Consumption of apple cider vinegar:
There are numerous ways to consume apple cider vinegar. Some of them are here below:
- You can mix olive oil (or any other vegetable oil) with apple cider vinegar and use it as a salad dressing.
- Apple cider vinegar has a high content of acetic acid. Due to this trait of cider vinegar, it can also work as a marinade.
- If you want to drink apple cider vinegar, never intake it in concentrated form. Take 1-2 tablespoons of cider vinegar and dissolve them in water or fruit juice. By drinking diluted apple cider vinegar, your taste buds will fulfill as well as your health will also improve.
- It works as a natural remedy for different problems such as skin care, hair protection, and digestive disorders.
Apple cider vinegar has uncountable benefits for the human body. Here are six apple cider vinegar benefits:
1. Nutritional value:
Apple cider vinegar is a low-calorie drink that controls your food intake and keeps you full for a couple of hours. Not only this, but it also has high nutritional value. Following are the vital nutrients found in apple cider vinegar:
- Amino acids
2. Helps in reducing belly fat:
Cider vinegar works as an aid for weight loss. It reduces calorie consumption and promotes fat burning in the body. According to the latest studies, a moderate intake of apple cider vinegar daily leads to losing weight up to 1.7 kg (3.7 pounds).
The recommended dosage of apple cider vinegar for weight loss is 1-2 tablespoons (30ml) per day. Studies proved that one tablespoon of cider vinegar consists of only three calories. Hence, if you’re planning to lose weight, don’t forget to add apple cider vinegar in your diet.
3. Lowers blood pressure and cholesterol level:
Apple cider vinegar overcomes high blood pressure and reduces cholesterol levels. With the help of natural antioxidants, it increases HDL (good) cholesterol levels and lowers LDL (unhealthy) cholesterol levels in the body.
A kidney in the human body produces a hormone called renin. Renin compresses and dilates the blood vessels in the body. Constriction in the blood vessels causes blood pressure to rise. Apple cider vinegar maintains a balance in renin and keeps vessels relax. Due to this role, blood pressure lowers and regulates.
4. Overcomes digestive problems:
The right amount of food is essential for balancing the acids in the stomach. If food consumption is in a considerable amount, then food will not get digested. However, apple cider vinegar increases the acidity level in the stomach and helps the food to digest. It also works as an aid for multiple stomach disorders like heartburn and indigestion.
5. Diabetes and blood sugar:
The spread of diabetes is increasing day by day. Diabetes is not a curable disease, but prevention can save as many people as possible. If you have a family history of diabetes, make sure to drink apple cider vinegar (diluted) every day. Apple cider vinegar lowers the risk of diabetes.
The latest researches show that consuming up to 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar every day can promote insulin sensitivity from 19% to 34%. It rapidly lowers the blood sugar level to 4% if consumed after a high-carb meal and before bedtime.
6. Promotes skincare:
Apple cider vinegar has an extended list of benefits for the skin. Following are the advantages of apple cider vinegar:
- An ice cube of apple cider vinegar heals the skin affected by sunburn.
- If you wash your face with apple cider vinegar (diluted with water), it protects your skin from pimples and acne.
- The acetic acid in apple cider vinegar has lightening pigments, which enhances the glow of the skin.
- Cider vinegar helps your skin to fight against wrinkles.
People sometimes apply apple cider vinegar directly on their skin. Direct contact of cider vinegar to the skin can cause irritation and redness. Thus, it is necessary to apply diluted apple cider vinegar.
7. Strengthens hair:
Apple cider vinegar gives fruitful results when applied to hair. Following are the benefits of cider vinegar for hair:
- If you add apple cider vinegar in your shampoo, the advantages will multiply. It kills the bacteria and keeps your scalp healthy.
- If you spray apple cider vinegar (diluted) on your hair after a wash, it will help you to get rid of frizz in hair.
- Apple cider vinegar can work as a hair moisturizer.
- It balances the pH of your scalp and fights against dandruff.
Apple cider vinegar has all the health-friendly benefits. It promotes health in every manner. It’s a perfect substitute for those who want to live a sound and healthy life.